Forum

NB. If Registering you will need to respond to an email – Check your Spam Folder for it.

TO POST NEW TOPIC:  Click on “Main Forum”, then “Add Topic”on the right.

Articles interestin...

Notifications
Clear all

Articles interesting until it said ... about six thousand years!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

MarkP
(@markp)
01/10/2019 6:07 pm  

Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone on here, I am a newcomer to this site and, what I have read so far, especially in the Beliefs Question and Answer section, it is so refreshing to know that I am not the only one with many of these beliefs that are demonstrated in this section.

I look forward to growing spiritually with you all.

Having read this interesting post I am always saddened when honest hearted truth seekers start to, should we say, ‘squabble’ about the things that are less than important. Without wanting to sound condescending, I firmly believe that there are many discussions that are quite irrelevant and are designed to waste time when we should all be focusing on the more important aspects of Almighty God’s incoming kingdom.

For example, there are many who argue as to what Yeshua (Jesus) was put to death on, was it a crux simplex (or stauros [Greek]), crux compacta or crux immissa… quite frankly, who cares? The use of ANY of these symbols in worship is idolatry and is condemned in Gods word. Likewise, what is the point of knowing the actual age of the earth? Does knowing these things change His commandments? The answer, quite frankly is a resounding NO!

These are not questions in an entry exam into the Kingdom of Almighty God, if they were THAT important surly our loving heavenly Father and Creator would have had them recorded for our benefit?

Let us stop wasting time on the superfluous things and focus on the truth about His purpose for the universe. Put aside these childish thoughts and let us concentrate on what is truly important as this is the only way for us to progress.

Having watched Dr Kent Hovind on YouTube I find him so logical and correct in his approach, when he describes the effects of the conservation of angular momentum it shows our Father does indeed have a sense of humour as two of our solar systems planets revolve in a different direction then all the others, and his description of ‘The Big Bang’ theory had me in pleats of laughter. When you come to examine that theory which states that in the beginning there was NOTHING then, there was a huge explosion which created the universe… if there was nothing, what exploded???

Haha!! I’ll leave it there for now 😊

Shalom

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
01/10/2019 6:39 pm  

@markp

Funny how you begin saying that details are unimportant and then start rambling on about The Big Bang theory and how someone else has it all wrong!

My point was about the science behind the statement that the earth is 6000 years old. Not about whether God exists or anything else. I was looking for information. And my point, if you bothered to read it, was that there is no credible proof behind 6000 or 4.2 billion years old Earth. It is only your opinion that it is unimportant by the way. In the context of this site, it is very important. However, there is substantive proof that the earth is a lot older than 6000 years. Not to mention that 6000 is plucked out of thin air. If you 'believe' otherwise that's up to you.

Equally, NOBODY knows how the universe began. Nobody. There are lots of theories. But none work. Yet you choose to believe something, even though there's no basis for credibility. I say I believe in something. I don't know what that something really is. I don't know how the universe(s) got formed. Nobody does.

But something is for sure, you are not a scientist. For example, scientists have realised that nothing (e.g. space) has mass! How can nothing weigh something? Scientists are learning all the time. Hence, NOTHING could have exploded because there is something there that scientists haven't figured out yet. Something 'supernatural' -- woooh!

I think the whole God thing is undiscovered science. Humans have a habit of calling anything it doesn't understand supernatural. All through-out history we have been doing this. I think it's better to keep an open mind. My mind is open. One day the truth will set us all free. Is yours open?

ReplyQuote
MarkP
(@markp)
01/10/2019 9:58 pm  

@anonymousity

My dear friend, I can sense your frustration in the subject and I pray that you do find the peace that you so earnestly seek.

It is not my intention to be drawn into and futile discussion on this totally spurious topic as I have much learning still to do, I was merely pointing out the fact that the age of the earth, in terms of walking in spirit is, quite frankly, a waste of time and energy. If we had a sudden revelation of the accurate age of the earth, how would that change the truth about Almighty God. The age of the earth has no bearing on any spiritual topics but, by using it as a point of argument it can stumble those that are seeking to draw closer to our wonderful heavenly Father.

Unfortunately, I feel sure that you well know that, to use this method that you have adopted, will have negative results and i do question your motives.

I am of the opinion that, by the way you speak and your overall demeanor you are a novice when it comes to Bible matters, you see… I do happen to know how the universe began, the account in Genesis is definitely not theory and that is where it tells all of us how the universe was created.

My faith in Almighty God and His son Yeshua (Jesus) is not based on some emotional whim, I have studied God’s word for over 40 years, during that time I have learned things that have proved to me that He is the sole ruler of the universe, He is Almighty, unique and omnipotent, in other words I KNOW why I have faith in the gospel that Yeshua taught his followers, further more I want you and all the honest seekers of the truth come to an accurate knowledge of Him too.

You mention that you have an ‘open’ mind, that’s good if it works for you however, I believe that, when studying God’s word it in not your mind that needs to be opened, but your heart and that is the principle I have always used. That, along with context, reasoning and the assistance of the holy spirit, we can come to an accurate understanding of what our creator expects of us.

I do not claim to be anything special, I am a sinful human like the rest of us but, all the answers are there, we just have to take the time and patience to find them out for ourselves and make the truth your own. I never theorise, when you study God’s word it persuades you to see the truth, the Bible is a complete library of 66 books inclusive of the Tanakh and the Brit Hadasha (Old and New Testaments) and I would advise you to never underestimate the power of God’s word.

We can look to ‘scientists’ for answers to what we consider to be beyond the realms of possibility but, Almighty God is the SUPREME scientist, the one who gave ALL the laws that all things are governed by. Please do not rest your hopes on humans for they can be wrong, rather, put your trust in Him who created all things, both seen and unseen, known and unknown to humans. What human can know the mind of Almighty God?

And here is where I rest my case, I do not judge anyone for what they believe or want to believe, there is a much greater power than me that will fulfill that but, I feel that if I do not warn the people that have similar opinions and theories as you then I would indeed be blood guilty. I am only a messenger.

Peace be with you.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
01/10/2019 11:57 pm  

Your senses lie to you. I am not frustrated at all. And I do not seek peace. You make wild assumptions.

Interesting that you say you don’t intend to be drawn in, yet, then you do. In the usual condescending style believing you have all the answers. And you think God stuff is a spurious topic on a God website about God!

As I said, it is only your opinion that it is a waste of time and energy. But this site is all about trying to prove God via science – and it fails at that. I don’t think this site is for you if you do not wish to debate the topic.

Again, it is your opinion that it will have negative results. Actually I think this site has negative results, attempting to brain wash people into believing in God by using dubious science. And failing.

Go ahead, question my motives. What could they be?

I’m a novice? Keep guessing. I know a ‘lot’ about the bible.

You only 'think' you know how the universe began. Genesis in no way describes precisely how the universe began. It’s very silly indeed. On the first day bla bla bla … it’s just your belief. Nothing more. Belief in a series of books that has been manipulated by man since very early translations. You are the novice.

But do go ahead and tell me how, exactly, Genesis describes how the universe was made. Can’t wait.

Your faith, exactly, it’s just your faith, nothing more than an ancient belief system.

You want to brain wash everyone else into believing whatever you have decided, don’t you? The truth, my friend, is that you don’t have the answers. No-one does. That's my point.

You trust in God’s word so whole-heartedly yet it is a known fact that it has been manipulated by man over centuries. Have you read the bible in different languages to see what it says in them? And when you say study, are you a bible scholar? Do you read ancient Greek and Hebrew?

I am saddened that you believe you are sinful and no good. That is a horrible negative place to live.

Actually, the number of books in the bible and contents within varies depending on which religion you follow and in which language. Not to mention all the books that didn’t make the cut. But we won't mention those, eh?

I will ignore your advice on ‘The Power of God’s Word’ – because you are sadly brain washed. Especially when it condemns certain genders to death because of manipulation by man. How can God’s word be God’s word when it’s been manipulated?

In your opinion, He is the Supreme scientist. My advice to you is don’t rely on God and the ‘word’ for all your answers to life because you will be very disappointed. Humanity will catch up and then you will look like a fool.

Who knows what almighty God actually is? Nobody even knows whether God is male or female because the bible is sexist. Or something else. You don't have the answers.

You’re not a messenger but a brain washer. What opinions and theories do you think I have? I am saying I do not know the answers. Nobody does. You say you know all the answers. But you are, in fact, living in a deluded world of fantasy.

I do not need to be warned thanks. But I feel strongly that spreading this drivel as science when it isn’t is a lie that needs to be exposed.

There’s no science here. Keep walking.

ReplyQuote
John Newstead
(@john-newstead)
25/01/2020 6:05 pm  

@anonymousity

The Bible needs to be considered in it's entirety and if you play a game of cherry picking then you are practising confirmation bias and it isn't the best approach if you genuinely want to test the veracity of something.  Reading your posts it does seem to come across that you worship "science".  In order for life to have meaning we all have to believe in something and you seem to have chosen "science".  You refer to science as if it is an unshakeable truth but scientific "facts" do  change over time and  theoretical science is based on assumptions.  That means it is based on faith if you are saying these theories are absolute truth.  You have faith for example in the big bang even though it is scientifically impossible for all matter to come from nothing and what caused the big bang in the first place?  Nobody was there to observe it!  The complexity of a single cell, the perfect balance of natural systems and the fact the DNA is a written code all point to a creator.  Richard Dawkins speculates that the origins of life on Earth are aliens!  He would rather have faith in that position rather than consider God.

We all therefore need to apply faith but that does not mean we do not use our critical thinking.  My critical thinking tells me that there must be a creator.  Does this creator want his creation to know him?  I believe so and I believe he has revealed himself in the Hebrew scriptures.  I also believe that he revealed himself in a man, his Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth.  The more I study the Bible, history and the way that the prophesies of the Bible have and are being fulfilled, the more convinced I am that the Bible does reveal God's truth.  I apply it in my life and it is a force for good in my life.  You do have to be careful because men are inherently corrupt and there have been many attempts to hide this truth.  That game has never been more prevalent than in our current age. 

The Bible teaches that not everyone will accept the gospel.  Jesus said that only his sheep can hear his voice.  Sadly most will reject the good news and Jesus explained this in a parable about sowing seed.

I personally believe that the key to finding the truth is having a genuine desire to find truth.  The ultimate truth for me is Jesus Christ.  He revealed everything about this world and how we can be born again and how we can gain eternal life.  To most people it will be foolishness.  That saddens me but it is what it is.

If you consider it foolishness then that's OK but why do you bother engaging as you have on this forum.  You can believe the truth that you are happy with.

The Bible however teaches that there will ultimately be a judgment of everyone where all our deeds will be laid bare.  There will ultimately be justice regarding the choices we have made. 

I urge you to put aside your preconceived ideas, ask in sincerity if God the father exists, that he would reveal himself to you.  Perhaps read one of the gospel accounts and see what happens.  That would be applying the scientific method.  Test the hypothesis that the God of the Bible is the creator and that he wants to save you.  It must however be done with sincerity as God sees the heart and not our facade.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
25/01/2020 7:03 pm  

@john-newstead

Please show me where I have cherry picked. No, not worshipping science, but reality. So science cannot have come from God? Is that evil, too? You've clearly not read my posts properly at all. I'm saying that nobody knows! Not the bible, nor science! But science is truth! The reason you are messaging on this platform is because of science, not faith! Faith is something you believe but it might not necessarily be true. Look at flat-Earthers, they believe something ridiculous, when there's overwhelming evidence (science) to the contrary. The big bang is just a theory. I never said I have faith in that. The unshakeable TRUTH is that nobody knows (no, not even the bible) how the universe began. THAT, my dear, IS FACT. And you would rather consider God as the ONLY option rather than any other possibility whatsoever! That is black and white thinking.

It is YOU who needs to find the TRUTH. You think you already know the truth. But you do not. All you know is what people have made you believe, like the stupid flat-Earthers. Have you read and understood the original Hebrew and Greek scriptures? If not, how can you say you know the truth? You only know what you have been brain-washed to believe. Jesus did not tell his followers to be brain-dead sheep! Is that what you're claiming we should all be?

I believe in the truth. The real truth. But as yet, it has not been found by anyone. No, not even you.

Why have you bothered to comment on my comment if you think it's okay? It's not okay at all, is it? You don't like the fact that you might not know all the answers, though you think you do, and you try to make me comply or face the judgement of God!

Please provide me with a test that proves God is the creator of the universe. Can't wait. And who says that I do not believe in God? Is that because I don't fully comply? Christians don't like it when you don't fully comply, do they? Baaahhh! Baaahhhhh!

I urge you to use your brain (assuming you have one) and not just comply, but question, seek the REAL TRUTH. Oh, and if I want to comment on a post, I will. I don't care if you don't like it.

Spreading lies SHOULD NOT be tolerated. And that is what this site does. The world is 6,000 years old!!!! I bet you're a Flat-Earther too, eh?

This post was modified 9 months ago 2 times by Anonymousity

ReplyQuote
John Newstead
(@john-newstead)
25/01/2020 8:39 pm  

If you haven't read the Bible in it's entirety that would mean you cannot make a full and intelligent critique of the Bible.  You might reach false conclusions.  You do seem to have some strong opinions on the veracity of the Bible, that it has been corrupted, that it is hateful etc.  All I am saying is that if you just take isolated scriptures then you can reach wrong conclusions.  You have to read it first.

You say you are worshipping reality and not science.  That's honest.  Men worship a reality of their imagining - it's a form of idolatry.  It is completely obvious that this world has been designed hence the arch atheist Dawkins speculating that life was seeded by aliens.

I have faith in the Bible and therefore believe I know how everything was created.  An eternal being of unlimited power and intellect conceived it in his mind and then spoke it into existence.  He created everything by his word.  He created order and structure that means science is possible.  Science is simply discovering and understanding what God has created and how if works.

We differ about truth.  I believe Jesus is the truth.  The whole of God's plan revolves around Jesus.  The Bible teaches that God literally has children that are "begotten" by his spirit.  The world will think it's foolishness - the Bible teaches that also.  We can learn about Jesus and we can then follow him.  It means we have to "die" to our old way of life - sin.  That can be a painful experience as God reveals our sin to us.

It isn't about compliance.  That was the Law of the Old Testament.  Jesus makes us free but rather than following rules that are written down, we simply want to please God, follow his commandments out of respect and love rather than duty.  God in his love allows us to do terrible things in the hope that one day we will repent and go back to him.

I mention judgement because I believe we will all face it.  You have been warned.  Might I suggest that it might be worth doing some due dilligence!

Proof that God created the universe - the proof for me is that life could not happen by accident.  DNA cannot write itself.   There had to be an intelligent mind that wrote the code.  Combine that with the complexity of the natural world, the beauty we perceive, moral absolutes that exist but cannot be explained, the mathematics and engineering involved in nature, amazing processes such as metamorphosis, the complexity of the chemistry in our bodies, the way anything grows and the whole experience of life itself confirms to me that there is a creator hence Dawkins looking for aliens to explain those things.  He knows there is massive proof of intelligent design but who created the aliens Richard?

False Christian's such as Pope's insist on compliance to their orthodoxy.  Real Christian's should be meek and humble and understanding as they too were in darkness.

You can comment away.  I've done my bit.  I've explained about Jesus - he said he was "the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me".  I advised you to be open and to look into it.  It honestly is good news when you read it for yourself and take it to heart.  It changed my life.

Jesus taught that we have to choose between loving the world and loving him.  It is a fee choice and if you choose to not love Jesus then you are rejecting the Father.  That is your choice.  The risk is that you are wrong in you beliefs and then judgement day may not be such a happy day.  

You can find the truth but is starts with us being humble and accepting that we know very little.  Then God can teach us.

I don't know how old the earth is.  The Bible doesn't say.  It wouldn't surprise me though because of the constant indoctrination of billions of years.

Do you believe in God or are you an atheist?

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
25/01/2020 9:01 pm  

@anonymousity

Hi,

You've had a good innings on this forum - ten posts, without anything positive to say. It's already been explained to you that there's plenty on this site to answer your questions and point you to further research. Please make sure that any further post(s) is/are positive. Failing that you will be put off the Forum.

Regards

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
25/01/2020 10:12 pm  

@john-newstead

I believe there is a God. I just do not believe everything that today's bible says. I do not believe it is a true reflection God, the universe and everything, because it has been manipulated by man over centuries. And it's getting worse not better. But my original point was about the claim of 6,000 years' old earth. This is nonsense.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
25/01/2020 10:14 pm  

Keith, there are no answers on this site. It is full of rubbish. I will say what I like. I will not comply. Delete me if you will, I will just resurface again and again until you have close your site down. Bye bye!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: