Forum

NB. If Registering you will need to respond to an email – Check your Spam Folder for it.

TO POST NEW TOPIC:  Click on “Main Forum”, then “Add Topic”on the right.

Articles interestin...

Notifications
Clear all

Articles interesting until it said ... about six thousand years!  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
13/09/2019 8:16 pm  

Someone actually must believe the world is only six thousand years old! See Beliefs and Q and A item number 17. Laugh, then move on.

Sadly, after making such a silly claim, none of the site's articles have any credibility. I recommend removing this one or removing the site completely and leaving it to scientists.

Was this number calculated by counting the number of pages in the bible? OMG! Try 4.5 billion years! That's the current scientific estimate.

Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
13/09/2019 8:46 pm  

If you wish to make shallow comments without first looking at the evidence, please stick to Facebook. This site is for people who are prepared to THINK and do some research.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
13/09/2019 9:06 pm  

@radicalamish

Yeah right, where's your research on the Earth's age then?

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
13/09/2019 9:07 pm  

@radicalamish

I actually DID some research. This site, however, makes bold claims with no references whatsoever. Google Earth's age and reply with your findings!

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
14/09/2019 11:09 pm  

I don't need to Google Earth's age. I'm a scientist, and I've done plenty of research. If you bothered to look at the rest of the site you'll find enough to start you thinking and plenty of links to research. Your choice. I've had plenty of debates on evolution with people who thought they knew everything and turned out to know nothing. I don't spend time on that anymore. The site is there as a free resource for those who want to use it. If you want to stick with what you already think, that's  fine. That's what most people do, whatever their original world view happens to be.

If you are interested to change, it's much, much, much easier to see the holes in Darwinism than Old Earth, so start there.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
15/09/2019 1:32 am  

@radicalamish

I see. You are a scientist? Is that another bold claim or do you have proof of this? How did you get from the Earth's age to Darwinism and evolution? I was referring specifically to the bold claim of the age of the Earth. As you believe you are a scientist, can you present your 'scientific' research that led you to assert that the age of the Earth is about 6000 years? Or do you just want me to think like you because you are telling me to? As for your links to references on the site, I cannot find anything that supports your assertions. Not a single thing. It's just your belief, isn't it? For example, where is the reference that shows your 'scientific' research on the age of the Earth? I noticed there was a massive delay between my last answer and yours. I wonder if you did Google it, discovered that your claim is silly, but then, because of pride, you've decided to maintain a stance that you are way too smart, way smarter than anyone in the world, that you cannot possibly be wrong? Do you think you might be a little delusional? Believing that only you know all the answers and everyone else is way to stupid to possibly know what you believe you know? And yes, I noticed that you dodged the challenge to add your research of the Earth's age, with the arrogant reply to the effect of saying, in probably a deep serious voice, 'I am a scientist. I don't need to research it or show my results. I'm way too smart, Earthling!'

And I did bother to look at the site. I was looking to learn about the differences between Catholicism and Christianity. It looked interesting at first, but then I found the bold claim that the Earth is 6000 years old! It doesn't matter what one believes. Santa is not real, you know that, right? Science (as you are a 'scientist') has 'researched' the Earth's age thoroughly and an estimate has been published. That is science. If you said, actually, nobody is really certain of the age of the Earth, that would be scientific. But to say, it's definitely about 6000 years because I say so, because I'm a scientist, discredits everything on this site. Everything.

And, of course, when you say if I want to change, what you really mean to say is, I must accept whatever you say O Master because you are way, way smarter than everyone else on the planet -- and probably the universe, right?

Do us all a favour, go to your web hosting, select your site and press delete. But I don't need to give you instructions do I? Because you are way smarter O Master. I bow to thee.

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
16/09/2019 8:45 pm  

Can you define "science" without Googling it?

Do you understand the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

Can you explain where the information on DNA  comes from?

Have you noticed what is the primary objective of this site?

Have you noticed the 20-odd links to other, often very large, Creation sites?

Are you willing to state explicitly what your own beliefs are?

Are you prepared to search out evidence, or do you think it's enough to say that you were told something in school or on the MSM?

I'm guessing that's seven "No's" there, though you might have a stab at "mutations" for Number three. I'm sorry, anonymous, but I've been in this debate so many times it just gets very, very boring, and I have plenty of better things to do. I love doing science tuition, but it's £25 an hour, and I don't give it free here. The site is free. It's advert free. You don't even need to log in. By all means use it as the springboard it's meant to be, but if you don't like it, ignore it.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
16/09/2019 11:45 pm  

'Can you define "science" without Googling it?

Do you understand the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

Can you explain where the information on DNA  comes from?

Have you noticed what is the primary objective of this site?

Have you noticed the 20-odd links to other, often very large, Creation sites?

Are you willing to state explicitly what your own beliefs are?

Are you prepared to search out evidence, or do you think it's enough to say that you were told something in school or on the MSM?'

Can you? I doubt it. You claim a lot but prove nothing. All you do is pretend that you are way too clever and that you can't be bothered to present any evidence of how you have asserted any claim.

I figure things out for myself. I never let anyone brainwash me like it appears has happened to you. I feel sorry for you. Science tuition?!? Yeah, right. You shouldn't be allowed to teach anyone anything. You should be banned, because you'll just say to the student, 'Whatever I say is correct. I don't need to give you reasons, because I'm way too smart, smarter than anyone in the entire universe.'

You are, in fact, delusional. I recommend a therapist and perhaps some medication.

And no, I won't ignore it because you have told me to! You're not really getting that concept are you? This type of brain washing drivel must be stopped.

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 6:01 pm  

So, you couldn't answer those questions.

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 6:02 pm  

So, you couldn't answer those questions.

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
17/09/2019 6:06 pm  

LoL -- you are so not a scientist. You really think that I have to do anything you say, don't you? I'm not your puppet. You, neither, answered them. Nor have you answered my question regarding how you have asserted 6000 years! I doubt very much you have any clue what you are asking judging by your silly comments so far.

I can keep going forever. Can you?

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 7:24 pm  

Had your initial post not been so discourteous, and had I not been in an impatient frame of mind (for which I apologise) I would have given you a different reply. For example, I might have pointed you to this book:

The book arose from a challenge similar to yours, presented to an Australian scientist who had just given a lecture on Six Day Creation. A member of the audience declared that not one other scientist anywhere would agree with the speaker. The speaker then contacted other scientists, all of whom had earned Phd's, who each contributed a chapter to the book on the scientific reasons that they personally were convinced of Six Day Creation. It was published twenty years ago, but you can be forgiven for not knowing about this and thousands of similar books, since the MSM pretend they don't exist.

I understand your shock. I nearly walked out of the first Creation Science lecture I ever went to. But I decided to listen to what was said first in order that I could refute it more easily in the future. However, I couldn't refute all that was said, so had to delve deeper. That was hard work, as it was before the days of the internet, but I did it.

I personally only have a first degree in science, so I think the book will be a better starting point for you than my website.

With best regards,

Keith

ReplyQuote
Anonymousity
(@anonymousity)
17/09/2019 8:21 pm  

Finally, thank you! I shall have a look. I have heard lectures on Creation theories, too. All of which have never convinced me of anything. Just desperate people attempting to support their beliefs. I like to 'know', not believe. I do, however, have a theory that there is 'something'. But I, nor anyone else, knows what that thing is. Is it possible that the whole God thing could be a science that we haven't discovered yet? That is what I ask myself. Because humanity has a habit of calling something supernatural until it understands it, scientifically. I think that because the bible does not have all of the answers, and God is confusing in his behaviour, for example; he saves this person but not that person; he's loving but harsh, and so on, nothing makes any sense.

I hope you see that there are alternatives.

ReplyQuote
Keith
(@radicalamish)
Member Admin
17/09/2019 11:39 pm  

I think the site addresses at least some of your questions. For example, you say  "he saves this person but not that person" as though Salvation is purely in God's hands and not influenced by anything else. That belief is not Biblical Christianity, but Calvinism. Calvinist thought has permeated practically every church, not just those that call themselves Reformed. Note that "Reformed" is really a euphemism for "Calvinist", just as "Evangelical" effectively means "Zionist." I'm sure you'll find "springboard" articles on the site. I rarely use pictures. I don't expect to reach anybody who does not read and think. And I try to keep the articles short. People's attention span or available time tends to be limited. My aim is to move people to do their own research, which must include full, personal reading of the Bible. I neither expect, nor wish for, people to believe things I say because I say it. That would just be a variant of having the Pope or Boris or whoever on a pedestal, and that is always a grievous error. I wish you the very best in your research.

Paulmcg liked
ReplyQuote
Paulmcg
(@paulmcg)
19/09/2019 11:06 am  

Have you ever watched Dr Kent Hovinds videos about creation on YouTube I find them really interesting.

God gives all of us a chance to see the truth, we are just so blinded by the modern world it’s difficult to escape and we are thought not to ask questions for ourselves to accept the bull we learn in school but everyone will have a day where they see things don’t add up , a lie can’t go on forever. I find the more you talk hard truths to people the less they accept, the lies more comfortable.

just pray they can accept things with a calm and open mind and do the research themselves

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: